Friday, December 28, 2007

I love Johnny Depp

We saw Sweeny Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street tonight. OMG it was awesome. If you like twisted, morbid humor and Broadway musicals this movie is made for YOU. Jeremiah loooooved it and is probably going to be regaling me with renditions of the songs for weeks, and I really enjoyed the macabre humor of it all. Bottom line, you should go see it!

Johnny Depp was just AMAZING in his first musical role, and zomg Helena Bonham Carter is at her MOST macabre (and that's saying something).

Watch trailer now and go buy tickets or I'll smite you with the wrath of bella:



****spoiler alert****

I mean come on.... a barber who works above a meat pie shop... meat pie shop suddenly becomes massively more successful when barber moves in upstairs... meat is very rare and expensive in Victorian London... hmmmmmmmm

There's one song in particular that we both loved where Sweeny Todd and the meatpie lady (can't recall her name right this second) hatch the plan of how to dispose of the bodies and they start checking out all the people on the street and singing about their... qualities. LOL Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home