Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sin


Yep. I've decided that Hill Country Weavers is evil. Soooooo much gorgeous\soft\luscious yarn and so little yarn money. *sniffle* I did manage to escape (after spending only what I'd planned to spend *gasp*) with only 2 balls of fluffy pink alpaca\silk yarn and 2 balls of silk\alpaca in wine purple. Seeee? They're the ones at the top of the stash! :D Katy was a doll and got me one of the purple silk\alpaca balls (which is honestly the ONLY reason I made it out of there without going over budget LoL). I've decided that to buy regular alpaca, ebay is probably best, but the specialty blends, now THAT I can justify buying in a specialty yarn store for slightly exorbinant prices. The lace\alpaca blends are ultra soft and wonderful and light enough that if i do them in a nice lace pattern they might just actually be really wearable in Texas more than 2 months of the year. LMAO

We also went to Hobby Lobby for some basic knitting notions like tip protectors and row counters and i ended up getting sucked in by this GORGEOUS decorative chest\box thing which is now housing my yarn stash (previously scattered all over my living room floor, so MAJOR improvement). It ended up being 50% off and was only $15! Not bad for such a suitable vessel for the almighty alpaca.


























Isn't the brocade just lurvely? I was like
OOOOOO when I found it. Granted, it's like
2\3 full already, but hey... gives me an excuse to buy more pretty containers down the line. MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

1 Comments:

Blogger Cassi said...

Yay for pretty! Wish i could have been there. I'm so jealous *goes to the corner to sulk*.

14:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home