Friday, August 24, 2007

Pathetic.... just pathetic

This is just sickening... saw it on yahoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070823/ap_on_fe_st/odd_python_killed;_ylt=AqTc1lFmo.exbHCNLH9PVlftiBIF

CINCINNATI - A man who shows snakes and other reptiles at schools, festivals and libraries says a boy who told the man he hated snakes stomped and killed the man's 10-foot-long python. Scott Braunstein said he was showing Popcorn, a nonpoisonous albino Burmese python, Sunday at the St. Bernadette Festival near Cincinnati.
ADVERTISEMENT
click here

"The next thing I know ... the kid raises his leg and stomps down on the snake's head," Braunstein said. "The snake started convulsing."

Braunstein said he saw a man grab the child and say, "This is why I don't take you anywhere," before disappearing.

"I've never, never, had anything like that happen," said Braunstein, who operates House of Reptiles, based in Dry Ridge, Ky.

Braunstein's collection includes alligators, lizards, spiders and frogs. For two years, Braunstein's animals have been featured in a petting zoo at the festival.

"Scott's business is to educate people about reptiles, and his goal is for people to learn to appreciate rather than fear the reptiles that share this planet with us," said Dan Meakin, who founded All Creatures Animal Hospital in Amelia, Ohio.

___

Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just can't believe that they haven't caught the parents and the boy responsible for this atrocity. That kid is GOING to be a serial killer I swear... *shakes head*

here's a podcast about the event

It really seems like the media is finally paying attention to animal cruelty cases. This is just another reason that laws need to be strengthened against the abusers of animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home